Skip to main content

Pembrokeshire County Council Advice

Please read the following letter or click this LINK for the County Council advice on symptoms and the action to take.

Dear Parents

lease find attached PCC guidance on the essential procedures to follow if your child displays any symptoms of COVID – 19. It has been lovely to have the children back in school this week and to see how well they have settled into their classes. They have also adapted well to the measures put in place to maintain their safety and that of adults working within the school.


Please can I remind all parents and adults supporting their children arriving or leaving school to maintain distancing of at least 2 metres from others outside of your family group. Also it is important to use the available parking spaces and not to engage in extended conversations with other parents whilst on site. When on site please keep your children close by you and don’t let them run and play away from you. As soon as all your children are safely in school please leave the site immediately.


What to do if your child is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)

One or more COVID-19 Symptoms:

  • A new, continuous cough
  • A high temperature
  • Loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell

Action list


  1. Self-isolate for 10 days


  1. Use or Call 111 for clinical advice


  1. Apply for Coronavirus test if needed  or call 119 to arrange for a test.


  1. Collect any siblings from school.


  1. Call the school to inform them your child has symptoms and whether they have had a test. Do not visit the school.


  1. If your child has a negative test, return to school and provide proof of their result.


  1. If your child gets a positive test, then continue to self-isolate for 10 days from when their symptoms started. Anyone they live with, and anyone in their family bubble, or extended family bubble must self-isolate for 14 days.


  1. If your child does not have any COVID-19 symptoms but does:


Feel unwell with a temperature of less than 38C

Vomit or has diarrhoea

Have a loss of appetite

Have a rash

Have fatigue / aches

Or have any other general illness or is feeling unwell


Then you are advised to monitor your child closely. If appropriate do not attend school but keep them informed in the usual way.


  1. If your child seems very unwell, is getting worse or you think there’s something seriously wrong, call 999. Do not visit your GP, pharmacy or hospital, except in an emergency.




Yours Sincerely



Mr Paul Harries